Wednesday 21 October 2020

Nervous moment

Butterflies in my Stomach


When you're small, playing football against Napier makes you really nervous.


I was only 9 years old at the time and I was representing Gisborne to play against Napier. While we drove there my heart was beating rapidly and while we did the warm up I was even more nervous.


As the game started and  I started on the bench and then my coach told me “Billy you're going on now”. Now I feel like my heart is going to come out of my chest. I start at right back and then the ref blows his whistle for half time. My nerves have gone away and we're losing 5-2 and it's not looking like we're coming back. So when the second half darts I get moved to the right wing and I set up a goal but he missed by an inch, I'm so annoyed . I came off about ten minutes into the second half and there's only fifteen minutes left and we were losing 6-2. The game finished and the final score was 7-2 to Napier.


When I heard the final whistle I couldn’t believe I did because when you're small playing football against napier makes you really nervous.


By Billy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.